Mod not working? Need help? Please check through these common mistakes before reporting to the creator that their mod “doesn’t work”.
- Not Enabled in Settings
- Not Installed Correctly
- Mod Conflicting
- Wrong Version (Mod and/or Game)
- Other Tips
- Still Need Help?
Not Enabled in Settings
Make sure you have Enable Custom Content and Mods and Script Mods Allowed enabled in your Game Options (these have to be re-enabled after each patch):
Not Installed Correctly
Unless otherwise stated, ALL mods go into this folder:
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
*Do NOT put them in your Program Files path.
Remember .ts4scripts can only go ONE sub-folder deep inside your mods folder. For example, when adding ModNameHere.ts4script:
- ✅ Correct (it can go in the Custom_Folder):
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Custom_Folder
- ❌ Incorrect (too deep) (can NOT go into Custom_Folder):
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\CreatorName\Custom_Folder
Another common reason why a mod may not be working is because it’s conflicting with another mod. When two mods alter the same resources, they will conflict causing one of them to not work as intended.
Some modders list potential conflicts on their mod page. So, be sure to read everything.
To rule out a mod conflict, remove all other mods in your Mods folder and test alone!
Wrong Version (Mod and/or Game)
Make sure your game is up-to-date and that the mod version is compatible with the game version that you’re on.
Check for updates in the mod list, especially after patches.
- Keep your mods organized! It helps to keep them organized by the creator so you know where/who to go to for updates.
- Do NOT separate .ts4script and their matching .package file, always keep the same mod in the same folder.
- NEVER merge your mods/cc. They need updates too often! Despite some recommendations, it does not speed up your game.
- NEVER rename any mods that include a .ts4script! Doing so will result in the mod not working.
For more detailed help, I highly recommend the following guides/resources to everyone that uses Mods/CC.
- DIY Troubleshooting Library by NeedCoffee4That – Collection of guides for game & mod troubleshooting including:
- Sims 4 Studio Batch Fixes by amethystlilac – A guide that explains all of the Batch Fixes that Sims 4 Studio has to offer.
Still Need Help?
Still no luck? Try one of these amazing support servers: